Many people know that diatomaceous earth can be used as a natural pesticide, but it has many other capacities as well. Check out our list below for the different ways you can use diatomaceous earth.
1. Deodorize your garbage, fridge, carpet, sock drawer, anywhere.
2. Add diatomaceous earth to your pets’ food for de-worming benefits.
3. Dust your pets with diatomaceous earth to treat fleas and ticks.
4. Add DE to your chickens’ dust bath and coop to treat for mites and lice
5. Sprinkle your garden with diatomaceous earth to treat a heavy pest infestation.
6. Mix a little DE with water and make a face mask for your face. This helps with oily skin.
7. Add DE to your toothpaste for a deeper clean.
8. Mix DE, lemon, and vinegar to make a natural cleaner.
9. Absorb spills easily because DE absorbs twice its weight. This works especially well with liquid spills like oil, grease, or soda.
10. While we’re on the subject of DE’s absorption power, add DE to the litter box. It deodorizes and absorbs.
11. Apply diatomaceous earth in strategic places to repel insects.
12. Add 1 tsp of DE to your diet to get the benefits of more silica.
13. Use diatomaceous earth in the food storage to keep it bug-free and dry.
14. Dusting your houseplants to kill gnats.
15. Dust livestock to reduce the annoyance of flies.
16. Can be used to get rid of bed bugs.